Outpatient Coding/CDI Consultant
Outpatient Coding Consultant
Position: Full-Time Outpatient Coding/CDI Consultant
ACS, LLC is a boutique consulting company that recognizes the importance of teamwork in providing tailored documentation, coding and billing consultation services to health systems, hospitals, provider-based clinics, critical access hospitals, and professional services. Our consulting team is made up of well-credentialed, experienced, and highly effective individuals who willingly go the second mile to support their client hospitals and consulting teammates.
We are currently seeking an outpatient coding consultant auditor and educator with expertise in various aspects of outpatient documentation, charging, coding, and billing of facility services. Our outpatient facility consulting team provides in-depth evaluation of documentation, charging, coding and billing accuracy for accurate reimbursement and risk adjustment so important to Value-Based Purchasing initiatives. Providing client education is a cornerstone of ACS services. Based upon auditor findings and/or new regulatory guidance, consultants deliver webinar, classroom or one-on-one education for coders, department managers, billers, physicians and Clinical Documentation Specialists. The consultant is responsible for gathering, analyzing and presenting audit data for hospital leadership, as well as compiling client action plans and official reports. Our consultants must be able to work without direct supervision and understand the need for professionalism and ethics in all situations.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in hospital-based CPT-4 coding and HCPCS Level II codes.
- Outpatient ICD-10-CM coding experience, knowledge of OPPS reimbursement methodologies, along with thorough knowledge of Medicare reimbursement and billing guidelines.
- NUBC revenue codes, mapping structures and extensive experience with UB-04 claim and payment remittance advice statements.
- Knowledge of medical necessity requirements through the CMS Local and National Coverage Determinations
- Experience with CMS transmittals and manuals.
- Outpatient CDI knowledge a plus.
- Chargemaster experience a plus
Credentials: One or more of the following credentials is preferred
- RHIT, RHIA, COC, CPMA, CCS-P, CDEO, CCDS-O
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Encoder/Grouper Software
- This job requires travel occasional within the United States.
- Commensurate with Experience
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 401 K
- Generous PTO and Sick Days
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to Candace Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.