Outpatient Coding/CDI Consultant
Outpatient Coding Consultant
Position: Full Time Outpatient Coding/CDI Consultant
Description: ACS, LLC is a boutique consulting company that provides tailored consultation services to health systems, hospitals, provider-based clinics, critical access hospitals and for professional fee documentation, coding and billing. The goal of our services is to improve the clinical and financial outcomes for our client facilities. We focus on clinical documentation improvement and coding accuracy for all types of healthcare services.
We are currently seeking an outpatient consultant with expertise in various aspects of outpatient coding and documentation improvement. Our outpatient consultants conduct in-depth evaluation of coding accuracy and documentation adequacy for accurate reimbursement and risk adjustment. Providing client education is a cornerstone of ACS services. Consultants deliver webinar, classroom or one-on-one education for coders, CDI specialists and physicians. The consultant is responsible for gathering, analyzing and presenting data for hospital leadership, as well as compiling client action plans and official reports. Our consultants must be able to work without direct supervision and understand the need for professionalism and ethics in all situations
- Must have 5+ years of experience in hospital-based CPT-4 coding levels 1-3 and HCPCS Level II codes.
- Outpatient ICD-10-CM coding experience, knowledge of OPPS reimbursement methodologies, along with thorough knowledge of Medicare reimbursement billing guidelines.
- UB-04 revenue codes, mapping structures and extensive experience with UB-04 claim and remittance advice payment statements are required.
- Revenue Cycle reimbursement knowledge preferred.
- Chargemaster project experience a plus.
- Experience with CMS transmittals and manuals.
- Outpatient CDI knowledge a plus.
- RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CPMA, CCS-P, CDEO, CCDS-O preferred
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Report writing abilities
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Encoder/Grouper Software
- This job requires travel occasional within the United States.
- Commensurate with Experience
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 401 K
- Generous PTO and Sick Days
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to Candace Roberts at [email protected]